Earlier this week I wrote about a Kickstarter project by Roughtail Brewing to fund a new canning line. It looks like Roughtail is not the only new/newish brewer to get in on the act.
Black Mesa Brewing has also started a Kickstarter drive. Black Mesa’s goal is to raise $17,990 in order “to secure the time and space needed to brew at OKCity Brewing Co. (a brewing cooperative) for 8 months.”
With 16 days to go, they have 35 backers pledging $3,945.
If you’re not familiar with Kickstarter, it’s a fundraising tool that offers swag in exchange for your pledge. If the project doesn’t receive enough pledges to meet its goal, no money is taken.
Black Mesa is hoping to ride the wave produced by the release of its newest beer — ESB, or Endless Skyway Bitter — to reach its goal.
-Props once again to Freddy at the BierGarten in Jenks for keeping beer fans posted on potential new offerings coming into Oklahoma. I lifted the latest list of postings from the BierGarten FB page; some interesting selections on here, although as Freddy says, it’s not officially in the state until it appears on the shelves:
1. Blanch de Namur (Belgian witbier)
2. Brew Dog 5 a.m. Saint (American amber)
3. Brew Dog Dogma (Herb/spiced beer)
4. Brew Dog Hardcore (Double American IPA)
5. Brew Dog Punk (American IPA)
6. Brew Dog Tokyo (Big Russian imperial stout – 18.2% ABV)
7. Bridgeport Smooth Ryde Ale (Rye specialty ale)
8. Choc Belgian Style OPA
9. Czechvar Dark
10. Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold (Munich Helles lager)
11. Great Divide Orabell Belgian Tripple
12. Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler (Kölsch)
13. Mustang Dopplehopper IPA
14. Prairie Cherry Funk (Details to come)
15. Prairie Croquet (Details to come)
16. Prairie Fire (Details to come)
17. Prairie Funky Galaxy (Spelt saison w/galaxy hops and prairie yeast strain)
18. Prairie Pirate Noir (Appleton Estate Jamaican rum barrels)
19. Prairie Red (Details to come)
20. Prairie Rose (Details to come)
21. Prairie Pineapple Funk (Details to come)
22. Prairie Voussoirs (Details to come)
23. Prairie Gold (Sour Golden Ale)
24. Prairie Somewhere Saison (Collab between Prairie and St. Somewhere in Florida brewed with 400 lbs. of oranges)
25. Prairie Legend (Barrel-aged gold)
26. Prairie ‘Merica (Single-malt, single-hop saison)
27. Redhook Mudslinger (English brown ale)
28. Samuel Adams Double Agent IPA
29. Samuel Adams Tasman Red
30. Samuel Adams Third Voyage
31. Schneider Weisse Tap X Mein Nelson Sauvin (Weizenbock)
32. Shipyard Melonhead
33. Shipyard Monkeyfist
34. Boulevard Smokestack Grainstorm Black Rye IPA
35. Tallgrass Ethos IPA
Thoughts? I think it’s safe to Prairie Artisan Ales is going bonkers with the new brews … You’ll notice Choc’s Belgian OPA is one of the seasonal OPA’s they’ve promised … Brew Dog was confirmed last year for Oklahoma — I’m sure that will be highly sought after … I’ll bet the Mustang IPA will be part of the Saddlebag Series … keep your eyes open for the Boulevard Grainstorm — I hear this will be awesome … am I the only one who can’t keep track of all the beer Sam Adams has now?
-Heard a report on the Sports Animal this morning that was promoted as “American beers that may be pulled off the shelves.” I know you’ll be devastated to know the complete line of Milwaukee’s Best may not survive.