1. Kansas (2-2, last week — lost to Texas Tech 45-34): Kansas’ upcoming schedule: at Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Kansas State and at Texas. I see a 2-6 record on the horizon.
2. Texas A&M (2-2, last week — lost to Arkansas 42-38): Now A&M has proven it can’t beat the top teams in the Big 12 or the middle-of-the-road teams in the SEC. Can the Aggies get Kansas and Mississippi on their schedule so they can have a chance for a win?
3. Iowa State (3-1, last week — lost to Texas 37-14): Iowa State comes crashing back to down to Earth after its inspired start.
4. Texas Tech (4-0, last week — beat Kansas 45-34): Undefeated, yes. Consider Tech has played one of the weakest schedules in the country to this point, it’s not impressive.
5. Baylor (3-1, last week — lost to Kansas State 36-35): Bears can make some plays on offense, but they won’t be ready for primetime until they can play some defense.
6. Missouri (2-2, last week — bye): Missouri gave one away against a 4-1 Arizona State and played OU tough on the Sooners’ home field. Seems the Tigers are still primed for a good year.
7. Kansas State (4-0, last week — beat Baylor 36-35): Bill Snyder is like 176 years old, so maybe it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he could use mystical powers to conjure up a win against Baylor.
8. Texas (4-0, last week — beat Iowa State 37-14): OK, this is clearly not your 2010-vintage Texas Longhorns football team. Just how different from 2010 are they? We’re about to find out.
9. Oklahoma State (4-0, last week — bye): Cowboys take on Kansas this weekend. It’s the equivalent of having a warm-up game to get back into the season after your bye week.
10. Oklahoma (4-0, last week — beat Ball State 62-6): I’m just saying here, Alabama didn’t get passed by anyone in the polls after they beat North Texas. Was Ball State so bad that no margin of victory would have allowed OU to hold its ground? Or are the polls all a bunch of crap? I think you know where I stand on this.