This just in: LEBRON JAMES!!! Just wanted to pass that along, in case you hadn’t heard anything about, you know, Lebron James. Am I the only one being worn a little slick by Lebron James? Look, I’m a huge NBA fan, a big-time Toronto Raptors fan and I’ll even admit to feeling mildly excited when I was at the Ford Center for game 3 of the Lakers-Thunder playoff game. But love of basketball aside, I CAN’T TAKE ANY MORE LEBRON JAMES! In fact, I’m ready for the entire NBA free agency season to be over. Do I need to remind everyone why this free agency round has been so painful for me? Of course I do. Being a Raptors fans, I have these reasons:
1. Chris Bosh announced he will leave the Raptors and sign with Miami, thus making the Raptors weaker and a conference opponent stronger.
2. It’s unclear if Bosh will be part of a sign-and-trade between the Raptors and Miami. If they don’t work out a sign-and-trade, the Raptors will lose the franchise’s leading all-time scorer and rebounder and get nothing but a little cap space in return. If they do work out a deal, the most the Raptors could get would be Mario Chalmers, Michael Beasley and some draft picks. I’m brimming with excitement about that. Oh wait, no I’m not.
3. The Raptors just offered Linas Freakin’ Kleiza $20 million over four years, apparently in an effort to set the record for most Euro-cast-offs on a team over a five-year period.
4. The Knicks added Amare Stoudemire, the Bulls added Carlos Boozer and the Celtics resigned all their stars. Did I mention the Raptors will likely lose Bosh for nothing?
5. With Bosh joining Wade in Miami, it may lead Lebron to join Miami, creating possibly one of the most dominant teams in history in the Eastern Conference next season.
So, yeah. It’s been a blast of a free-agent season for this Toronto fan. Let’s just hope with Lebron’s announcement tonight the whole thing comes to a merciful end.