If you’re looking for something to do tonight, you happen to have a Santa costume at hand, you like to drink beer, and you don’t mind running, then I’ve got just the thing for you: Oklahoma City’s first Santa Pub Run. I’m not sure who is sponsoring this event, but it seems pretty well orchestrated. Here’s a Facebook post/e-mail that is making the rounds:
The inaugural Santa Pub Run will be a new local holiday tradition that you can’t miss. And best of all, it’s FREE to take part!! Everyone must dress as Santa (to some extent at least!) in order to participate. Then, all of us Santas will run from pub to pub spreading lots of Holiday beer, I mean cheer! We will meet at McNellie’s at 4:30pm, and from there we shall run in a southerly direction to pubs in the Bricktown locale, stopping at each for a beverage or two before proceeding to the next pub, finally ending up at the end of the night where it all started, McNellie’s!
This is an open invite, so everyone’s invited! The more, the merrier! Bells are highly encouraged!!! If you can’t make it to McNellie’s at 4:30pm, you can meet us at one of the many stops we’ll be making, or you can just meet us at McNellie’s following the run (although when that will be is uncertain!).
Please run and drink responsibly! If you think you can’t run, walk. Or jump into one of the “sleighs” that will be following us as we run. Safety first, and that goes double for Santas!
Be sure to bring money for any beverages you wish to enjoy!!!
Santa Pub Run 2009 Route:
1. Start at McNellie’s at 4:30pm
2. Stop #1 – Deep Deuce Grill (Mile 1.52)
3. Stop #2 – Tapwerks (Mile 1.85)
4. Stop #3 – Coach’s (Mile 1.90)
5. Stop #4 – Bricktown Brewery (Mile 2.25)
6. Run by Christmas Lights at Myriad Garden (Miles 2.57 – 3.05)
7. Run by Oklahoma City National Memorial (Mile 3.68)
8. Run by Christmas Lights at Automobile Alley (Miles 3.85 – 4.14)
9. Final Stop – McNellie’s (Mile 4.55)