My friend Charlie at www.travelblur.com asked me one day which were my favorite Latin America cities? He suggested I write about them and do it as a guest post on his website,which I agreed to do. It took me some time to think about it because each is so unique and different.
After much thought, I decided I could probably narrow it down to five(5) with the caveat that I might change my mind if I later discover any better cities in Latin America. I did not rank them in any particular order. If you just want a topical look, you can see my comments below on this post. If you want a little more depth about each one you can read about them on www.travelblur.com along with some great posts from Charlie. If you click here you can see my top 5 Latin Cities posts all grouped together on his site.
Here are some teaser comments:
1. Buenos Aires, Argentina–The Paris of Latin America. Lots to do here, great food.
2. Bogota, Colombia–If you want a sense of adventure in a beautiful city, then Bogota is the place for you.
3. Cartagena, Colombia-There is an old part and a new part to Cartagena. Spend your time in the beautiful old city located on the coast. Sitting in a sidewalk cafe on the narrow streets of Cartagena is day well spent.
4. Quito, Ecuador-You really feel like you are in South America when you visit Quito. Lots to do in the city, but the best part can be outside of Quito in the beautiful countryside.
5. San Cristobal de las Casas in Chiapas, Mexico–This is a great town located in the southernmost state of Mexico. Lots of arts and crafts.
Now that you have learned just a little about each one, don’t forget to get the in-depth review about each one here
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me:
Steve Barrymore firstname.lastname@example.org