In honor of Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, Pet Show wants to celebrate your adopted dogs! We’re having a photo contest through the end of October! Here’s the deal -
* Email pictures of your adopted dogs to firstname.lastname@example.org this month. We need the dog’s name, your name, your address, your phone number and the shelter where you found your loveable friend. (And we’d also like a description of what your dog is doing, if that’s possible. We know how dogs are. Sometimes no one knows.)
* Every person who enters at least one photo will be put in the drawing for two fabulous children’s books! The books are “Dogs on the Bed” and “My Father the Dog,” both written by Elizabeth Bluemle. (Thanks to Candlewick Press for providing the prizes!)
* Only one entry per person, but you can submit any many pictures as you want!
* The deadline for entry is noon Oct. 31.
* The Pet Show crew will draw the name of the winner at random after noon Oct. 31, the end of Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
* The odds of winning depend on the number of entries. The odds of receiving unconditional love from a shelter dog: 100 percent.
* What happens if you don’t win? Don’t worry! We’ll take all the photos submitted and make a slide show of everyone’s fantastic adopted dogs. We’ll post it right after we draw the winner.
* Good luck!
Staff Writer Carrie Coppernoll