BEAUTIFUL AND GOOD!
You might want to shop for a cake for your party at Jamie’s in Casady Square. This one was decorated for Thanksgiving. It is a white cake with raspberry filling.
Check out the top. There is a real pear, an orange, grapes, truffles and chocolate and white chocolate candies. The white chocolate surrounding the cake is also edible.
Don’t know what will be available for Christmas and New Year’s. Call Jamie Davis at 879-9999.
Helen Ford Wallace, Social Columnist
Marshalls in south Oklahoma City is offering 25 percent off all clearance items through Nov. 22.
The store is at 240 Penn Park Mall, 1425 W I-240, between Pennsylvania and Western. The phone number is 681-1679.
On A Whim will celebrate its 11th anniversary Nov. 21 with champagne punch and cookies while visitors learn about the design and manufacturing of MacKenzie-Childs pieces.
MacKenzie-Childs CEO Lee Feldman will be in the store, as well as representative Janine Irwin. Shoppers will receive a Courtly Check enamelware key chain with a MacKenzie-Childs purchase of more than $50. The first 25 customers with a purchase of more than $300 will receive a complimentary MacKenzie-Childs ceramic teapot trivet.
The celebration also includes a Troo trunk show featuring crystal embellished scarves and yoga clothing.
On A Whim is at 7118 N Western in Oklahoma City. The phone number is 848-3488.
As the holidays edge closer and you find yourself looking for cheap, unusual or special fashion and beauty gifts, check out the Fashion Matters blog at blog.newsok.com/fashionmatters. It’s chockful of ideas.
Chef Jeff van Glabbeek
Salad…. note the roasted garlic cloves.
Their new menu features lamb, salmon and chicken
Yummy chocolate dessert served by Terri Oak
Helen Ford Wallace, Social Columnist
Who says you can’t go back? Sears is bringing back layaway after discontinuing it in 1989.
For more information, go to the Sears Web site.
Why wait until after Thanksgiving for serious shopping? JCPenney’s Biggest Sale of Them All started Wednesday and continues through Nov. 10.
Highlights of the sale include:
* Stores open from 6 a.m. to midnight on Saturday.
* Free shipping on orders of $69 or more through Nov. 10 at jcp.com (customers must enter code 41FS69 when prompted at checkout).
* Through Saturday, get an additional 15 percent off if you use your JCPenney credit card with a weekly sales circular coupon or receive 10 percent off if you use any other form of payment with weekly sales circular coupon.
* On Sunday or Monday, get an additional $15 off a single purchase of $75 or more with weekly sales circular coupon or an additional $10 off a single purchase of $50 or more with a weekly sales circular coupon.
* Along with an array of doorbusters, get an extra 10 percent off all sale prices from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
* “Buy One, Get One” for 99 cents offer on a variety of women’s apparel, women’s accessories, juniors, fine jewelry, footwear, men’s, children’s and home items.
* Discounts between 25 to 60 percent on women’s, men’s, children’s, fine jewelry and home merchandise.
Here’s a deal worth exploring.
Spend $200 on your Discover Card and get a $20 Discover gift card at participating malls nationwide from Nov. 1 through Jan. 4. You can get up to 5 gift cards.
There are five participating malls in Oklahoma — Quail Springs in Oklahoma City, Sooner Mall in Norman, Shawnee Mall in Shawnee, Tulsa Promenade in Tulsa and Central Mall in Lawton.
For details, check www.discovercard.com/mallpromo/index.html
Looking for a special piece of jewelry for someone special? Heck, forgot that. How about for yourself? Check out the Jude Frances trunk show from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Nov. 6 at Naifeh Fine Jewelry.