According to WSL/Strategic Retail, Hispanic women are the best bargain shoppers and are more actively using mobile devices, coupons, online searches, dollar stores and deep discount retailers to save money, compared to other female demographics.
“Hispanic women are an important population to watch as early adopters of the future of shopping,” said Candace Corlett, president of WSL/Strategic Retail. “To achieve the American Dream of having it all, Hispanic women shop more creatively than other demographics, utilizing every savings opportunity to get what their families need at the lowest price.”
Their findings from a national internet survey of nearly 2,000 people in December include:
- Nearly 60% of Hispanic women use apps to search for the lowest price.
- 53% make it a point to search online before going shopping.
- 53% are using their mobile devices in the store to find electronic coupons, sales and discount codes.
- 75% are using traditional coupons to get the lowest sale price.
- 54% only buy items that are on sale.
- 63% will travel further to shop at a store where they can save money.
- 43% will buy a pre-owned product if it lets them get a brand that they couldn’t afford new.