Things to be thankful for, in terms of Oklahoma outdoors:
- A wonderfully diverse ecosystem, with prairie, forests, desert, hills and mountains in various corners of this state.
- A bunch of big lakes for boating, fishing and summer fun.
- Mountains in southwest Oklahoma that offer some of the best climbing in the Southwest. Thank you, God, for making the Wichita Mountains!
- Tree-covered hills and mountains in southeastern Oklahoma that hide trout streams and a bear population.
- Wildlife, from bald eagles to bison to elk… I could go on forever here.
- State parks that have a variety of things to do.
- Great days in four seasons to enjoy the outdoors.
- A healthy body that allows me to hike, climb, camp, fish and live out loud in Oklahoma’s outdoors.
- A growing number of people who can appreciate all these things as much as I do.
Happy Thanksgiving, folks! See you out on the trail…