Today’s awesome weather begged me to get outside and enjoy what may have been some of the finest weather we seen all year so far. And that got me to thinking about future outdoors plans.
With the exception of the die hards who don’t mind late spring skiing, the books on winter sports are pretty much closed for the season.
As of now, I’m seriously plotting some outdoors adventures, both here in Oklahoma and elsewhere. Those include:
1. Some more quality time in the Wichitas. Can’t get enough of that place. There are some peaks there I want to summit.
2. Going to Austin with my wife to watch her compete in a sprint triathlon. That happens June 6!
3. Heading to Colorado’s Missouri Gulch for a snow climb up Missouri Mountain, then a combo summit of Mt. Belford and Mt. Oxford. This is in mid-June.
4. Heading back to Colorado with my two brothers for another summit combo, Grays Peak and Torreys Peak.
5. More trips to the Wichitas, or perhaps Robbers Cave. And in August, maybe another foray into the Rockies. Really wanting to explore the San Juans.
I know some of you are into the outdoors. Big-time. So what are you planning? A big backpacking trip? Some quality lake time? Water skiing? Fishing? Scuba diving in the Caribbean? Fishing for salmon in Alaska? I’d love to hear about it. And any suggestions you might have. Comment here or e-mail me at email@example.com.
Spring fever is here! The only way to cure it is to pack up your gear and head outdoors!