A friend of mine clued me in today on a new fishing song by Trace Adkins called ‘Just Fishin’
Pretty good song, but I am not sure it’s going to bump any from my top 10 list of fishing songs that I wrote about a few years ago.
At the time, my top 10 were these:
1. The Five Pound Bass by Robert Earl Keen
2. I’m Going to Miss Her by Brad Paisley
3. Fishing Blues by Taj Mahal
4. The Crawdad Song
5. The Fishing Hole: Theme to The Andy Griffith Show
6. Gone Fishing by Bing Crosby and Louis Armstrong
7. Fisherman by Casey Ashley
8. Beer, Bait and Ammo by Kevin Fowler
9. Fishin’ In The Dark by the Nitty Gritty Dirty Band
10. Catfish Boogie by Tennessee Ernie Ford
On second thought, maybe I should toss Beer, Bait and Ammo and slide Adkins new song in at No. 10?
Because if Beer, Bait and Ammo makes your list of best fishing songs, you might be a redneck. To see the video “Just Fishin’” click here.