Here’s what The Oklahoman staff down in College Station, Texas will be producing for you late tonight on NewsOK.com and in Sunday’s editions of The Oklahoman.
– Jake Trotter will be writing on how awful starts to both halves were fatal to the Sooners. The kickoff return to start the second half was reminiscent of the kickoff return to start the game at Missouri.
– Berry Tramel’s column will focus on this statement: OU doesn’t have a road problem. It just has a problem.
– Mike Baldwin’s OU Football Notebook will tally up the carnage. Baldwin also will be doing a charticle — part chart, part article — on the sequence of plays on OU’s three failed first-and-goal situations.
– Berry Tramel’s OU report card will not be pretty.
– And a leading candidate for our hammer headline (big type over the main picture and article) is looking like something similar to Google It Up. Remember Bob Stoops’ Tuesday press conference challenge to writers who were quizzing him about OU’s home record. He wanted to see how he compared to other coach’s road records.
Sorry, Bob. It’s not pretty.