Bricktown continues to get the love. To see full story, go here: article
I hoped to be the first to discuss a bit of a battle that emerged last week via Twitter and Facebook between an OKC public relations pro and downtown favorite Big Truck Tacos. But when you’re busy annoying the mayor, SandRidge Energy, Bob Funk and potentially another major company in town (and countless others), sometimes there’s not enough time in the day.
And so it is that Dave Rhea, the social media guy at the Journal Record, beat me to the punch. The discussion can be found here
Happy 4th of July! The site has been completely cleaned of the virus but unfortunately the upgrade has been problematic.
We’re still working on it and hope to have everything up again in the next couple of days.
Here are some tidbits of news to keep you happy through the holiday weekend:
1. Fireworks will take place in Bricktown Saturday and Sunday night – somewhere around 10 p.m.
2. Word on the street is Stumpy’s is closing. This is a shame – best burger place on the canal, but management at Mickey Mantle Steakhouse never had their heart in it. It’s not closing for lack of business – instead, I hear it’s for expansion of the steakhouse. In case you haven’t noticed, 7-Deli has closed as well.
3. City Council next week will act on seeking bids to convert Oklahoma Avenue between NE 10 and NE 4 from one-way to two-way traffic. It’s about time.
4. Downtown housing development isn’t dead. More to come.
5. Downtown hotel development isn’t dead. More to come.
Just talked to one of the moderators at OKC Talk who is involved with fixing the site. He confirms the site was brought back online, virus free. But as they are doing patches and upgrades, they’ve hit more problems and they’re dealing with broken links, etc.
That’s not my question or comment – it is the question being brought up by Nick Roberts on his latest blog post, as he delves into Tuesday’s city council meeting and the use of the “conspiracy” word by the mayor. Read it here