Don’t be too surprised if an appeal is waged on last week’s vote by the Downtown Design Review Committee to raze six buildings on its downtown campus.
Here are questions I’m hearing from readers and people I’m running into out on the beat:
1. Was there undue influence on committee members?
2. Why was City Manager Jim Couch attending this design review committee meeting? Has he had a history of attending such meetings?
3. How much does the Oklahoma Historical Society depend on corporate funding? Does this matter when the OHS is asked to weigh in on matters like the SandRidge application?
4. Did the special early meeting time for last week’s vote confuse potential protesters and deny them a chance to argue their case?
5. Is the Downtown Design Review Committee confusing its role with that of the Board of Adjustment?