Quick comments about catching dinner last night at 1492 New World Cuisine in MidTown:
- The restaurant was doing great business. Bar had patrons, about half to two-thirds of the dining room stayed full from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- I observed similar business at nearby Irma’s and Cafe do’ Brasil.
- With all the old trees and shrubs removed around the old Osler Building, it’s even more stunning to look at. I was surprised to see a corner front balcony I had never noticed before, and the architecture, well, it’s stunning. Greg Banta has said he wants to convert the building into housing.
- James E. McNelly’s Irish Pub is getting very close to opening. I’ll visit there today and report back.
- Parking, parking, parking. Nobody is charging $5 or $10 to park as they are in Bricktown. But spaces are getting hard to find. Can MidTown learn from what many say is Bricktown’s greatest weakness?