I’m not sure how some do it, this day to day blogging. Just four months into this new role and I’m amazed at how some, like Charles Hill at Dustbury and Michael Bates at Batesline have kept their blogs updated day to day, year after year.
Not sure what to share with you today. The new Devon Tower project is progressing rapidly. I’m seeing more and more sales activities in just about every sector of downtown Oklahoma City. Yes, we’re going to see more housing projects announced. Yes, I expect we’ll hear some more hotel projects announced. Yes, more restaurants will open. Yes, more restaurants will close. Yes, I expect we’ll see some sort of limited grocery open downtown. No, it probably won’t meet everyone’s expectations. Yes, the is getting pretty serious about developing Core to Shore.
Yes, I’ll likely remain busy throughout the year and next.
But it really is time for me to hit the road, to reconnect with some Main Street communities across the state (my last trip was in June, 2007 – way too long a gap). It’s also been too long since my trip to Tulsa (September, 2007).
Of course, you’re not checking in to hear all this, right? So I’ll give you some intriguing “cliffhangers” that a lot of people are eagerly awaiting to see resolved:
1. Will SandRidge seek to tear down the Braniff Buildings?
2. Will SandRidge and Devon Energy attempt to buy city-owned garages, and if so, how will that change downtown parking supply?
3. Why is Nicholas Preftakes buying up chunks of properties at Sheridan and Hudson? Will Chip Fudge succeed in his efforts to redevelop Film Row? Will the city get aggressive in prompting Bricktown property owners to take the district to the next level?
4. Will the Urban Renewal Authority allow Randy Hogan to proceed with plans for a one-story building on one of the last undeveloped spots along the Bricktown Canal in Lower Bricktown?
5. Will the city find a consultant with new ideas?
6. Will the Sonics come this year, next year, 2010 or never?
7. What will rand Elliott’s plans be for Kerr Park?
8. Will it rain on Wednesday’s downtown Farmers Market?
9. What will Devon Energy do to improve the Myriad Gardens?
10. Will this blog, now ranked No. 2 among all of the NewsOk blogs, ever top the Nerd blog authored by Matthew Price?