Listen to the American Idol podcast Wednesday afternoon on NewsOK.
I’ll be joined by sports editor Mike Sherman and music guru George Lang.
David Archuleta – “Imagine” (John Lennon)
- Coming soon to iTunes.
- The kid is young, dorky and a spaz BUT he knows how to sing and he knows how to play the crowd.
- Coaching from extreme stage dad? Probably. Remember, Little Dave almost won Star Search as an even littler kid.
- Soak it in, buddy.
- Now opening for the Jonas Brothers …
- To keep with the lame theme, it’s a knockout.
- Randy: “You are exactly what this show is about.”
- Paula: “You’ve left me speechless.” … And America thanks you, David Archuleta.
- Simon: “Tonight, I think we’ve witnessed one of the great finals. In my opinion, David, you came out here tonight to win. And what we witnessed, was a knockout.”
Once again, the man is a genius.
Better vote, people. Democracy demands it.
Greetings. Mike Koehler here, host of NewsOK’s immensely popular American Idol podcast (“Our motto, disagreeing with Paula since 2007″). Tonight and Wednesday, I’ll be here live blogging about the grand finale.
As with news event on Earth, this one has an Oklahoman angle, as David Cook is a bartender/rocker in Tulsa. He was paraded around Kansas City like a hometown boy, but his W-2 is strictly from the 918.
It’s David the Rocker vs. David the Child Star tonight. Stay tuned.