It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. The Country Music Hall of Fame added which Oklahoma-born performer Sunday?
a) Toby Keith.
b) Roy Clark.
c) Woody Guthrie.
2. Students at the University of Oregon are using what unconventional method to produce electricity?
a) Potatoes and paperclips.
b) Ant farms on teeter-totters.
c) Exercise machines.
3. DreamWorks Studios plans to make a film on which civil rights leader?
a) The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
b) Rosa Parks.
c) William Edward Burghardt “W.E.B.” Du Bois.
4. High water put parts of which state golf course under water?
a) Cedar Creek Golf Course at Beavers Bend.
b) Arrowhead State Park Golf Course.
c) Lake Murray State Park Golf Course.
5. “The Killer Inside Me,” being filmed in Oklahoma, stars:
a) Andy Affleck.
b) Ben Affleck.
c) Casey Affleck.
6. What do Sooner baseball players Garrett Buechele and Cameron Seitzer have in common?
a) They’re both pitchers.
b) They’re both catchers.
c) They’re both sons of former Major League Baseball players.
7. Why was Food Network’s Guy Fieri in Oklahoma?
a) He was visiting his grandmother.
b) He was taping segments at six restaurants for his show, “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.”
c) Trick question; he was in Texas, not Oklahoma.
8. Elena Schoo, an exchange student from Germany, has found success in Oklahoma in what activity?
b) Showing horses.
c) Rattlesnake hunting.
9. Which policy does the Oklahoma Office of State Finance say some state agencies are not correctly following?
a) Computer encryption.
b) Payroll deductions.
c) Expense reporting.
10. What is the name of the Oklahoma film accepted for the 66th annual Venice Inter8national Film Festival in September and was an official selection at this year’s Sundance Film Festival?
a) “Barking Water.”
b) “Barking Dog.”
c) “Still Waters.”
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B, 2-C, 3-A, 4-A, 5-C, 6-C, 7-B, 8-B, 9-A, 10A