It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. What do police say is helping to cut down on youthful crimes such as vandalism?
a) Citywide curfews for teenagers.
b) Microchips secretly embedded in teenagers’ arms.
c) Good parenting.
2. Viewers from around the globe are logging online to watch which state animal at Sooner Lake?
3. An Oklahoma City sailor is helping fight pirates …
a) From Somalia.
b) At Walt Disney World.
c) Of the Caribbean.
4. Oklahoma has seen a 55 percent increase in what population group since 2000?
a) American Indians.
5. A statue of what Oklahoma sports hero was unveiled last week at the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame?
a) Sam Bradford.
b) Jim Thorpe.
c) Johnny Bench.
6. Why did people receiving food stamps through the state Department of Human Services see a rise in April subsidies?
a) Increased tax revenue.
b) Federal economic stimulus package.
c) Decreased number of applicants.
7. OU triple jumper Will Claye hopes one day to represent which country in the Olympics?
a) Sierra Leone.
b) United States.
8. Food 4 Kids is a program that provides food to children at risk of going to bed hungry. How many children does the Made in Oklahoma Coalition hope to sponsor this year?
9. Visitors from which country traveled through Oklahoma recently along old Route 66?
a) Czech Republic.
10. Voters in what town will have to wait to find out who their new city councilman is after the election ended in a tie?
b) Pauls Valley.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-A, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-B, 7-A, 8-C, 9-A, 10-B.