It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. A partnership between Edmond and Guthrie seeks investors for:
a) An airport expansion.
b) Recruiting a major league soccer team.
c) A shared business district.
2. Oklahoma City firefighters credit what for decreasing fire deaths?
a) Fire-safe cigarettes.
b) Flame-retardant pajamas.
c) Free smoke detectors.
3. A new system in Oklahoma will allow law enforcement officers to instantly check:
a) Whether a truck is too heavy for a particular road.
b) Whether a motorist is insured.
c) What traffic is like around the curve.
4. The school district in which Oklahoma town plans to cut its band program?
5. Chris Jakubauskas was an outfielder for the Oklahoma baseball team, but is making a name for himself in the big leagues as:
a) An umpire.
b) A pitcher.
c) A hot dog vendor.
6. An Oklahoma City hotel developer is doing what despite the economic climate?
a) Closing all of his businesses and opening new ones.
b) Moving all of his hotels to Texas to start over.
c) Continuing to expand his downtown hotel projects.
7. Two groups of Geronimo’s descendants are fighting over what?
a) Whether to move his remains from Oklahoma to New Mexico.
b) Whether to add his name to their tribe’s name.
c) What to do with his belongings.
8. A dog show planned in Ardmore focuses on this type of pit bull terrier, known for being more muscular, shorter and mellower:
9. Which Oklahoma casino has a structure built by the same company as the Dallas Cowboys practice site that collapsed recently?
a) Gonnalose Casino in Gotebo.
b) Westward Casino in Velma.
c) WinStar Casino in Thackerville.
10. Parking for the Oklahoma-Brigham Young University football game at the Dallas Cowboys’ new stadium will cost:
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-C, 3-B, 4-C, 5-B, 6-C, 7-A, 8-B, 9-C, 10-C.