It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. What did the Edmond City Council ban last week?
a) Skateboards. in city parks
b) Realistic-looking toy guns.
c) Barbecue grills on front porches.
2. What has Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. decided to give many full-time employees?
a) A pay increase.
b) A lifetime supply of craft paints.
c) Free painting lessons.
3. An Oklahoma City developer plans a project along the Oklahoma River. What will be its focal point?
a) A shopping mall.
b) A Ferris wheel.
c) A skate park.
4. Why is a group of students from France in Oklahoma?
a) To learn country and western music.
b) Part of a foreign exchange program.
c) To promote tourism.
5. What did some state senators do last week to highlight problems in developing countries?
b) Took their shoes off.
c) Collected money.
6. The Memorial Institute for the Prevention of terrorism found what percentage of Oklahomans are “not really worried at all” about a major terrorist attack in the next few months?
a) 8 percent.
b) 38 percent.
c) 88 percent.
7. Entertainers Will Rogers and Tom Mix once performed at The Coleman Theatre, which has been restored in what town?
c) Miami, OK.
8. A mysterious disease could threaten what animals in Oklahoma in the next few years?
9. Norman North High School athlete Jack Whitt is aiming to break a national track and field record in which event?
a) Pole vault.
b) Shot put.
c) Long jump.
10. Which of the following did Oklahoma City-based Black Oak Partners say it would not do if it buys General Motors’ Saturn division?
a) Sell vehicles under the Saturn brand name.
b) Set up a manufacturing plant in Oklahoma City.
c) Maintain a vehicle design function.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B, 2-A, 3-B, 4-B, 5-B, 6-B, 7-C, 8-C, 9-A, 10-B.