It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Which magazine published an article that upset country singer Toby Keith?
a) Rolling Stone.
b) Southern Living.
c) Car and Driver.
2. Why did a group of Integris Health System professionals and five professional football players go to Nigeria for nine days?
a) The close friends took a vacation there.
b) It was a Changing Africa Through Education mission trip.
c) It was an adoption program to bring Nigerian kids to the U.S.
3. Which Oklahoman won best entertainer of the year at the Academy of Country Music Awards?
a) Reba McEntire.
b) Joe Don Rooney from the Rascal Flatts.
c) Carrie Underwood.
4. What did national expert Jeff Speck say planting trees in downtown Oklahoma City would accomplish?
a) Increase bird population.
b) Increase walkability.
c) Decrease parking.
5. Which musical group has confirmed an Oct. 18 concert at Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman?
a) The Eagles.
b) The Rolling Stones.
6. What has caused 20 Oklahoma counties to be quarantined?
a) Killer bees.
b) Venomous ducks.
c) Fire ants.
7. Why did an Oklahoma City teacher get a surprise visit from Rumble, the Thunder’s mascot?
a) She was the Thunder’s No. 1 fan.
b) She was the Thunder/American Fidelity Teacher of the Year.
c) She won front-row tickets for next season.
8. What was Oklahoma State backup quarterback Brandon Weeden’s occupation before he arrived on campus?
a) Edmond firefighter.
b) Minor league baseball player.
c) U.S. Army paratrooper.
9. The next mayor of Stillwater is all of the following except:
a) 27 years old.
b) Navy veteran.
c) Former mayor of Muskogee.
10. Trying to correct an error, the state House approved bills authorizing bond sales for what kind of projects?
c) Flood control.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1A, 2B, 3C, 4B, 5C, 6C, 7B, 8B, 9C, 10C.