It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. In a game against Kansas State, the University of Oklahoma baseball team tied a Big 12 record with:
a) 14 wild pitches.
b) 11 home runs.
c) Seven players ejected.
2. How did almost four dozen people raise money on March 23 for cancer research?
a) By holding a car wash.
b) By shaving their heads.
c) By singing karaoke.
3. OU basketball star Courtney Paris has completed her final course for a degree in what subject?
b) Petroleum engineering.
c) Business administration.
4. The Cherokee Nation will donate more than $3 million to state schools. Where will the money come from?
a) Tobacco sales.
b) Casino revenue.
c) Car tag sales.
5. A grand champion animal sold for $53,000 at the Oklahoma Youth Expo Sale of Champions. What kind of animal was it?
a) A lamb.
b) A steer.
c) A hog.
6. Oklahoma has been ranked No. 4 nationally in percentage growth of what during 2008?
A) Personal income.
B) Biodiesel production.
C) Mayoral weight-loss campaigns.
7. What concerns are being raised about a new Army cannon?
a) The start of production before decisions about key components.
b) The parts cost too much.
c) The technology is obsolete.
8. Wanda Jackson soon will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Which of the following is not one of her songs?
a) “Fujiyama Mama.”
b) “Let’s Have a Party.”
c) “Heartbreak Hotel.”
9. Students were placing 1,200 flags on the lawn at the state Capitol to mark the number of people across the country who die each day from what?
a) Tobacco-related illnesses.
c) Not wearing seat belts.
10. Many Oklahomans who receive Social Security checks will soon receive what from the government?
a) A cost of living increase.
b) A stimulus check for $250.
c) A letter saying their checks will be delayed.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B, 2-B, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-A, 7-A, 8-C, 9-A, 10-B.