It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Benedict XVI visited what continent last week for the first time as pope?
c) South America.
2. What is Oklahoma’s percentage of homeless children, according to a recent report?
a) 7.5 percent.
b) 0.75 percent.
c) 3 percent.
3. Blake Griffin was honored by what group last week?
a) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
b) The Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
c) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
4. The Sooner women’s basketball team received a berth in the NCAA Tournament, extending a streak. What is it?
a) The second year in a row receiving a No. 1 seed.
b) The 10th straight appearance in the tournament.
c) The 15th straight appearance in the tournament.
5. What is different about a product line by Vaultless Casket Co. of Chickasha?
a) Caskets are made from the expensive Hawaiian koa tree.
b) They give massages for eternity.
c) Caskets can feature college logos.
6. The Tinker Air Force Base Exchange sold $80,000 in what heavily discounted item last Black Friday?
a) Big-screen TVs.
b) Coach purses.
c) Camouflage pants.
7. The game between the Thunder and the Bulls was a matchup in what area?
a) Superstar rookies.
b) Teams with winning records.
c) President Barack Obama’s favorite NBA teams.
8. What did a consultant tell city officials they need to improve to compete for tomorrow’s work force?
a) Downtown traffic.
b) Water sanitation.
c) The city’s slogan.
9. How did U.S. Rep. Dan Boren, D-Muskogee, describe AIG bonuses?
c) “Morally wrong.”
10. How many students were expected to compete in the 95th annual Oklahoma Youth Expo?
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-B, 3-A, 4-B, 5-C, 6-B, 7-A, 8-A, 9-C, 10-B