It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. What did Route 66 preservationists ask the state Department of Transportation to repair?
a) A bridge built in 1936 near Catoosa.
b) Potholes in the historic Route 66 in Miami.
c) A gas station built in 1929 in Sapulpa.
2. University of Oklahoma public radio station KGOU is planning to build a primary station in what college town?
3. Oklahoma football player Dominique Franks is one of at least 10 Sooners this spring who will get a new:
b) Jersey number.
4. How does the Human Race Machine help users understand diversity?
a) It shows similarities in DNA.
b) It gives a virtual tour of diverse neighborhoods around the world.
c) It shows users their face with features from six races.
5. What was inside a trailer thieves stole from an Oklahoma City motel parking lot?
a) Race horses.
b) A race car.
c) Snacks and soft drinks.
6. What is President Barack Obama’s amount for the 2010 budget?
a) $3.6 trillion.
b) $18.2 trillion.
c) $4.2 trillion.
7. What does the U.S. Army plan to start training soldiers in at Fort Sill by September 2010?
a) Atomic bomb production.
b) Electronic warfare.
c) Desert navigation.
8. Millwood coach Varryl Franklin is one of the state’s longest tenured coaches of what sport?
9. Students from about 50 teams across the state built what for a recent competition in Oklahoma City?
a) Hybrid cars.
c) Medieval trebuchets.
10. How many Oklahoma high school wrestlers are competing for their fourth championship this year?
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-C, 3-B, 4-C, 5-B, 6-A, 7-B, 8-C, 9-B, 10-B.