It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. A city man was overcome with grief after this was stolen:
a) Inauguration tickets.
b) A Model T Roadster.
c) A signed Sam Bradford jersey.
2. On inauguration eve, President-elect Barack Obama pitched in at a homeless shelter by doing what?
a) Electrical work.
b) Fixing leaky faucets.
c) Painting a dorm wall.
3. Lawton’s Dr. Alan Weedn recently hit what milestone?
a) 50 years at the same hospital.
b) Performed his 100th heart transplant.
c) Delivered his 6,000th baby.
4. A partnership between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Integris Health gives the medical organization rights to do what?
a) Name the team’s practice center.
b) Have first dibs on season tickets.
c) Offer health screenings at all home games.
5. Rex Ryan, who was named coach for the New York Jets, once coached at what state school as defensive coordinator?
a) Oklahoma State University.
b) University of Oklahoma.
c) Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
6. Local sports coverage recently increased in what radio demographic?
a) Sports talk radio
b) Spanish-language stations
c) Public broadcasting
7. Before deciding to stay in college, Oklahoma offensive tackle Trent Williams sought the advice of several people, including:
a) Former teammate Malcolm Kelly.
b) Michael Jordan.
c) The Dalai Lama.
8. The Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum is expected to be closed until Feb. 1. Why?
a) It is being renovated.
b) A broken water pipe caused flooding damage.
c) Workers are taking inventory of all the artifacts inside.
9. What was unusual about a local group that grew a stock portfolio by 19 percent in the last few months of 2008?
a) They were running a Ponzi scheme.
b) The group is now bankrupt.
c) They are still in high school.
10. According to kenpom.com, a Web site of unusual statistics, Oklahoma State’s basketball team is ranked 11th in:
a) Technical fouls per game.
b) Pace of play.
c) Number of home-grown players.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B, 2-C, 3-C, 4-A, 5-B, 6-B, !7-A, 8-B, 9-C, 10-B.