It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Girl Scout Troop 17 leader Christina Kirk says she wants the girls to see “something historic,” so they are going to:
a) Times Square on New Year’s Eve.
b) The BCS Championship game.
c) The presidential inauguration.
2. How does Oklahoma rank in growth according to U.S. Census Bureau records?
a) Oklahoma’s population is unchanged.
b) The state is losing population.
c) Oklahoma is one of the fastest-growing states.
3. The Oklahoma City Council approved a measure to pay $25,000 for what project at the city animal shelter?
a) A cat and dog spay/neutering program for low-income households.
b) Plans to build a separate shelter for aggressive animals.
c) Stocking only organic and free-trade dog and cat food.
4. An Oklahoma farmer recently got his Ford Mustang up to 252.78 mph. What’s significant about the feat?
a) He did it on Interstate 44.
b) The car was running on ethanol.
c) Dale Earnhardt Jr. was driving.
5. Vice President-elect Joe Biden is planning a task force that will aim for:
a) Better Middle East relations.
b) A stronger U.S. middle class.
c) A “Malcolm in the Middle” reunion.
6. Why is a new gate at Okemah’s city cemetery causing a stir?
a) The gate has a cross.
b) The town name is misspelled on the gate’s archway.
c) The gate features a Bible verse.
7. Because of lower fuel costs, OG&E customers can expect to see how much savings on their bills in 2009?
a) $10 a month.
b) $5 a month.
c) $3 a month.
8. Patriots wide receiver and Oklahoma City Heritage Hall grad Wes Welker recently was fined $10,000 by the NFL for doing what?
a) Making a snow angel after a touchdown.
b) Making an error in a play.
c) Losing his jersey.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-C, 2-C, 3-A, 4-B, 5-B, 6-A, 7-C, 8-A.