It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Which of these is NOT among the National Parent Teacher Association’s advice for parents trying to keep kids from getting the flu:
a) Get vaccinated.
b) Buy disinfecting wipes for your kid’s teacher.
c) Keep them home from school.
2. Although the economy is stuttering, at least one company is seeing a rise in sales:
c) Financial advisers.
3. If you have a gap in employment on your resume, advisers say you should do this in a job interview:
a) Tell the truth, briefly.
b) Explain in full so they can get your side of the story.
c) Say whatever you must to get the job.
4. A move is afoot to make Ardmore’s airport into:
a) A Southwest Airlines hub.
b) An international air cargo hub.
c) A really good place to fly for breakfast.
5. New census data shows this fell in 79 percent of the nation’s cities and towns:
c) Home values.
6. A vaccine has shown promise in preventing malaria, which annually kills:
7. The first child born in the White House was the grandson of Thomas Jefferson. The second was:
a) John Adams’ third son.
b) A child born to Thomas Jefferson’s slaves.
c) Grover Cleveland’s daughter.
8. Law enforcement sources say more people are getting away with murder because:
a) Technology falls short in random, gang-related crimes.
b) Budget cuts mean fewer police on the beat.
c) Murder isn’t as important as it was in 1960.
9. A foundation has raised more than $102 million to build this on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.:
a) Monument to Martin Luther King Jr.
b) Visitors’ center, including rest rooms.
c) Monument honoring Gulf War veterans.
10. This nation is expecting an influx of tourists this year:
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-C, 2-A, 3-A, 4-B, 5-B, 6-C, 7-B, 8-A, 9-A, 10-A.