It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Researchers have found this might be considered contagious:
c) Asking questions.
2. This is NOT among the advice for keeping your Christmas tree fresh:
a) Buy early.
b) Don’t use preservatives in the water.
c) Leave the lights on all the time.
3. Hot cocoa is a hot drink made from cocoa, so what’s hot chocolate?
a) Melted chocolate and cream.
b) The trendy new candy brand.
c) There’s no such thing.
4. This has resulted in a new bathroom, kitchen, exercise machine and water recycling system:
a) A Democrat in the White House.
b) Your neighbor’s home renovations.
c) Shuttle mission to the international space station.
5. The Swiss rejected the decriminalization of marijuana but overwhelmingly approved:
a) A government heroin program.
b) Strict new guidelines on chocolate.
c) Relaxation of rules on money laundering.
6. It takes this long for a person to be completely protected by the flu shot:
a) Two days.
b) Two weeks.
c) You’re never more than 25 percent protected.
7. When the Rockettes come to Oklahoma City, they’ll bring four of these with them:
a) Tractor-trailers of high heels and stockings.
b) Oklahoma City University alumnae.
c) Scouts for local long-legged dancers.
8. The U.S. Army plans to invest $50 million to develop these:
a) Oil companies.
b) Better menus
c) Video games.
9. The nation’s largest chicken producer, Pilgrim’s Pride, has:
a) Decided to expand into turkey and pork.
b) Renamed itself Poultry King.
c) Filed for bankruptcy.
10. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s 2009 winter outlook shows northern sections are likely to have more precipitation, but overall the state is likely to:
a) Be warmer than last winter.
b) Be colder than usual.
c) Have another devastating ice storm.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-C, 3-A, 4-C, 5-A, 6-B, 7-C, 8-C, 9-C, 10-A.