It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. A record crowd is expected to see President-elect Barack Obama take the oath, easily eclipsing the previous record set for this president’s inauguration:
a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
b) Ronald Reagan.
c) Abraham Lincoln.
2. A time capsule was buried for the state’s sesquicentennial containing:
a) Souvenirs from the state’s centennial.
b) Land run photos.
c) A 2008 Chevy truck.
3. Oklahoma County sheriff’s deputies are using underage volunteers to test:
a) Deputies’ Taser training.
b) Effectiveness of anti-drug programs.
c) Adherence to drinking age laws.
4. Some say eliminating the dollar bill in favor of the dollar coin could save the government:
a) $500 million.
b) $5 billion.
c) $50 billion.
5. Computer rankings from six sources make up this much of the formula that determines the BCS standings:
c) It’s all done with computers and mirrors.
6. Next June, Bricktown will be host to a convention of 15,000:
a) Pizza restaurant owners.
b) Software gurus.
c) Harley-Davidson owners.
7. The Cirque du Soleil cast brings with it:
a) 1,200 costumes and 250 pairs of shoes.
b) Their own organic, athletic menu.
c) A 20-piece orchestra and chorus.
8. A state legislator wants Oklahoma to join 11 other states in tracking students’:
a) Math expertise.
b) Route to college.
c) Body mass index.
9. Doctors have given a Colombian woman this, grown from her own stem cells:
c) Left big toe.
10. A shuttle astronaut let go of this during a space walk, and it was irretrievably lost:
a) Toolbag with exploded grease gun.
b) New toilet to be installed on the space station.
c) Replacement robotic arm.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-A, 3-C, 4-A, 5-B, 6-C, 7-A, 8-C, 9-B, 10-A