It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Buddy Holly and The Crickets recorded the hit “Maybe Baby,” at the:
a) Officers Club at Tinker Air Force Base.
b) Petroleum Club at downtown Oklahoma City.
c) Faculty Club at Oklahoma State.
2. State law says boaters and others in the water must use a personal flotation device such as:
a) Life vest.
b) Ski belt.
c) Styrofoam helmet.
3. Every day, from July to September, this many Americans lost their homes to foreclosure:
4. Direct mail political advertising has been used since:
a) The 1920s.
b) The 1960s.
5. As gas prices fall, which of these is NOT cited as a cause:
a) Falling demand and increasing supply.
b) Weakening dollar.
c) Stuttering economies.
6. Paw Park was named one of the nation’s best:
a) Off-leash dog parks.
b) Parking lot systems.
c) Places to see bears.
7. Electronic brachytherapy is:
a) A health therapy for a brachiosaurus.
b) A new, quicker way of treating breast cancer.
c) A widely used voting system.
9. If your kid is a slow reader or her eyes hurt during homework, you should:
a) Teach her to say, “Do you want fries with that?”
b) Hire a tutor.
c) Have her evaluated for convergence insufficiency of eye muscles.
10. A study of the newer, more expensive diabetes drugs has found:
a) Older, cheaper generics may save lives in ways newer drugs don’t.
b) They make no difference.
c) They save lives and are safer.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A; 2-A; 3-C; 4-A; 5-B; 6-A; 7-B; 8-A; 9-C; 10-A