It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. This part of the electorate is eligible to vote absentee:
2. A Midwest City man is part of an online signature drive to change this:
a) The speed limit.
b) The ban on openly carrying a gun.
c) Rules on home schooling.
3. With competition fierce, some college admissions offices are receiving these:
a) Anonymous letters bashing some applicants.
b) Baked goods as bribes.
c) Stronger grade reports and recommendation letters.
4. Cleo Shamblin of Muskogee has won this title:
a) State champion at the Oklahoma bus operators Roadeo.
b) New competitor on American Idol.
c) Miss Congeniality in the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
5. This is the name of the Iraqi puppy an animal rescue group has brought to the U.S.:
c) Yankee Doodle.
6. This popular youth star turns 20 this year:
a) Miley Cyrus.
b) Justin Timberlake.
c) Barney the purple dinosaur.
7. Sarah Palin impersonator Tina Fey has earned this for “Saturday Night Live”:
a) A lawsuit from the national GOP.
b) Hearings in the U.S. Senate.
c) Its best ratings in 14 years.
8. Officials in some states want to jam cell phone signals so convicts can’t plan crimes from behind bars, but it’s:
a) Technologically impossible.
b) Too expensive.
c) Against the law.
9. Geologists have discovered this in a site along the Arizona-Utah border:
a) A dinosaur “dance floor” jammed with tracks.
b) Oil and gas deposits to rival Texas’.
c) Parts of Noah’s ark.
10. The state’s smallest school district is:
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-C, 2-B, 3-A, 4-A, 5-B, 6-C, 7-C, 8-C, 9-A, 10A.