It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Things you may not wear when voting:
a) Candidate T-shirts, buttons and hats.
b) Flag pins, peace signs.
c) Political party paraphernalia.
2. More than 63,000 Oklahomans are due these, but have failed to put in for them:
a) Stock options.
b) Digital converter boxes.
c) Economic stimulus checks.
3. Among the top toys this season is:
a) A robotic lemur that perches on your shoulder.
b) A lifelike baby triceratops kids can ride.
c) Gymnastic Elmo.
4. A study found the average American worker wastes this much time at work every day:
a) Two minutes.
b) Twenty minutes.
c) Two hours, not including lunch and breaks.
5. A pediatricians’ group worried about salmonella is warning against preschoolers:
a) Keeping hedgehogs and other nontraditional pets.
b) Packing their own lunches.
c) Wearing dirty socks.
6. About one in seven Oklahoma babies are born:
b) To single mothers.
c) In a neighboring state.
7. Tales say this part of the Governor’s Mansion may be haunted by the ghost of William “Alfalfa Bill” Murray:
a) The cereal shelf in the pantry.
b) The bookshelf by the door in the study.
c) The third step on the grand staircase.
8. About 73 percent of the people in this age bracket vote:
a) 18 to 30.
b) 31 to 54.
c) 55 to 74.
9. Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater says he’d like to offer this to jurors:
b) Valet parking.
c) One really good meal.
10. In the Neiman Marcus catalogue, you can purchase life-size versions of yourself, fashioned out of:
a) Wax by artists from Madame Tussaud’s.
b) Toy bricks by a LEGO-obsessed artist.
c) Virtual flesh.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A, 2-C, 3-B, 4-C, 5-A, 6-A, 7-C, 8-C, 9-A, 10-B.