It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz:
1. When Don Rickles won an Emmy last week, he said:
a) “At last.”
b) “It’s a mistake.”
c) Trick question: Who’d give Rickles an Emmy?
2. Anadarko’s Spring Fever Thrash Tournament is held for:
c) Wheat farmers.
3. In BMX lingo, the term “Barspin” means:
a) Spinning the handlebars 180 degrees while in the air.
b) A pirouette performed on the crossbar.
c) A brief trip to a place serving alcohol.
4. Traffic columnist Don Gammill listed the more absurd driving tips he has received. They don’t include:
a) We need a legal left turn on red.
b) Seat belts are unnecessary for adults.
c) Everybody ought to drive the speed limit.
5. Some Iraqis aren’t sending their kids to school because they’re waiting for:
a) The violence to ease.
b) The end of Ramadan.
c) More new schools.
6. If you haven’t done this in six years, you could find your name taken off the list of people who can:
a) See a doctor as a new patient.
b) Get a tax refund.
c) Vote. The deadline to register is Oct. 10.
7. Three masked men were caught on video breaking into a southeast Oklahoma City store to steal:
a) New low-salt potato chips and beer.
b) Lighters. They already had cigarettes.
c) The ATM.
8. With support from Elvis Costello and Bruce Springsteen, Oklahoma native Wanda Jackson could:
a) Join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
b) Open a chicken-fried steak restaurant.
c) Win a court judgment over record royalties.
9. In a ranking of 50 cities and their efforts to go green, Oklahoma City is in last place in:
a) Air quality.
b) Metro transit ridership and land use.
c) Housing affordability.
10. With winter coming on, this is expected to be in short supply:
a) Flu vaccine.
b) Holiday cheer, as it’ll be warm-weather Christmas.
c) Salt for icy roads.
Go to NewsOK.com each weekday to take our interactive fivequestion news quiz.
Quiz answers: 1-B, 2-A, 3-A, 4-C, 5-B, 6-C, 7-C, 8-A, 9-B, 10-C