It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz:
1. John McCain’s presidential campaign protested after Barack Obama said “You can’t put lipstick on a” what?
a) Pit bull.
c) Running mate.
2. Some valuable hides went missing from a display at the Comanche County Fair. The 7-foot jaguar pelt had an estimated value of:
3. A group in Dothan, Ala., is offering a $50,000 bounty to attract more of these to small town life:
a) Young whites.
b) Jewish people.
4. An auto safety group wants to raise the:
a) Minimum driving age to 17 or 18.
b) Recommended winter tire pressure to 39 psi.
c) Fine for speeding in construction zones.
5. Next month’s shuttle mission to the Hubble has a 1-in-185 chance of being hit by this:
a) Trash, as it’ll be in a higher orbit where there’s more junk.
b) The International Space Station, where docking jets are broken.
c) Falling stars. Make a wish.
6. Pope Benedict XVI visited these residents of Sardinia:
a) Catholic youth.
b) Handicapped people.
c) “Super old” people.
7. Iraqis are seeing the return of these:
b) Oil-field workers.
c) Neighborhood ice cream vendors.
8. Russian prosecutors have warned a TV station not to show:
a) The latest Tom Clancy thriller.
b) Segments from a Sarah Palin speech.
c) An episode of the cartoon “South Park.”
9. A mishap during Sen. Jim Inhofe’s convention appearance resulted in:
a) His speech being eliminated.
b) A trip to the hospital for a broken finger.
c) All the state’s votes being awarded to John McCain.
10. Apache tribal headquarters in Anadarko was taken over by:
a) Construction workers as they are adding on.
b) The Bureau of Indian Affairs, seeking financial documents.
c) Hired guards loyal to the embattled tribal chairman.
11. Compared with other hurricane-prone areas, resident of the Florida Keys are this likely to evacuate:
a) More. They treat them like snow days.
b) Less. They get big storms every year.
c) About the same. People are people.
12. Construction will begin soon on the state’s first Armed Forces Reserve Center and two more are planned, designed to replace:
a) Military recruitment offices.
b) Boot camps on the West Coast and in Texas.
c) Local armories as training sites for reservists and Guards.
13. Hospital officials in France say a 59-year-old woman has:
a) Died after being given the wrong kidney.
b) Been inadvertently billed the equivalent of $2.3 billion.
c) Given birth to triplets.
14. This percentage of graduating medical students plan to work as primary care physicians:
a) 2 percent.
b) 20 percent.
c) 40 percent.
15. The University of Oklahoma is converting its power system to electricity generated by:
b) Natural gas.
c) Undergraduates on bicycles.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B; 2-C; 3-B; 4-A; 5-A; 6-C; 7-A; 8-C; 9-C; 10-C; 11-A; 12-C; 13-C; 14-A; 15-A