It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. According to an Associated Press report, millions of people around the world are learning what language, which some say could become the next global language?
a) Mandarin Chinese.
2. Besides the Dalai Lama, who is China blaming most for Tibetan protests?
a) Yao Ming.
b) Tom Coburn.
c) House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
3. What last-minute strategy did Sherri Coale use in the first round of the NCAA women’s basketball tournament that paid off in a win for the Sooners?
a) Fouling to stop the clock.
b) Switching to one-on-one defense.
c) Not passing to a star player.
4. Which animals enjoyed an Easter Egg hunt at the Oklahoma City Zoo?
5. Wes Brown, Southmoore High School’s first baseball coach, spent the last nine years where?
a) Westmoore High School.
b) Vinita High School.
c) University of Oklahoma.
6. What was missing for a while from J.L. Mitch Park in Edmond?
a) The Edmond band gazebo.
b) A bronze statue of a Girl Scout.
c) A statue of Edmond’s first mayor.
7. A company with offices at Tinker Air Force Base landed a contract to build what?
a) An air tanker.
b) A top-secret bomber.
c) A new smart bomb.
8. Which Kennedy will speak about environmental issues at OU in April?
a) U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy.
b) Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
c) Baseball player Adam Kennedy.
9. Crews worked in Payne County to relocate what historic object?
a) A Pistol Pete statue.
b) A commemorative plaque near State Highway 51.
c) A truss bridge on State Highway 51.
10. An ice shelf in the Antarctic recently broke free. How big was it?
a) 2 square miles.
b) 35 square miles.
c) 160 square miles.
11. Vince Gill played a benefit concert to aid the elementary school he attended. What is the school’s name?
a) Coolidge Elementary School.
b) Cleveland Elementary Arts and Science Specialty School.
c) Hayes Elementary School.
12. What group did Oklahoma educators meet with to discuss ways to help students succeed?
a) Military community.
b) Rodeo participants.
c) Members of the clergy.
13. Sheriff’s deputies in Cotton County set a single-day record for what?
a) Traffic tickets.
b) Drug arrests.
c) Miles driven.
14. A former barista for Starbucks has filed a lawsuit against the company in Massachusetts. What reason did he give?
a) He had to share his tips with supervisors.
b) He now has an incurable addiction to espresso.
c) He disliked using tall, venti and grande as drink sizes.
15. Why have the owners of Cheever’s Cafe decided to restore a 1935 Phillips 66 gasoline station on NW 23?
a) They plan to use it as space for their catering business.
b) The old building will be used to sell gasoline and diesel fuel.
c) It will serve as a Route 66 museum.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A; 2-C; 3-C; 4-A; 5-B; 6-B; 7-A; 8-B; 9-C; 10-C; 11-B; 12-C; 13-B; 14-A; 15-A.