It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. John Taylor Hammons is making waves in Muskogee. What is the 19-year-old doing?
a) Running for mayor.
b) Training for the Olympics as a swimmer.
c) Building a skate park.
2. Purcell resident Mark Milster recently won his second national title in what sport?
b) Forging horseshoes and shoeing horses.
c) Horseback riding.
3. The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago offers a four-week “boot camp” program to help patients deal with what?
a) Chronic pain.
b) Breast cancer.
4. Organizers in Bricktown served what food to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
a) Green milk and buttered toast.
b) Green cheese and crackers.
c) Green eggs and ham.
5. Oklahoma City boxer Oisin Fagan scored a second-round knockout last week against Brian Carden of Missouri. Where did the fight take place?
a) Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
b) Madison Square Garden in New York.
c) An events center in Oklahoma City.
6. Alan “Ace” Greenberg, the former chairman of Bear Stearns, is a native of what city?
b) Oklahoma City.
7. Safety officials from across Oklahoma are urging state lawmakers to support legislation that would do what?
a) Fund municipal road and bridge projects.
b) Allow people who are assisted by guide dogs to get driver’s licenses.
c) Keep people convicted of arson locked up longer.
8. Forrest cheered up the depressed Sandy as well as other residents at Boys Ranch Town in Edmond. Forrest is a:
9. What did Rivals.com call Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray?
a) The seventh “best groomed player.”
b) The seventh “scariest offensive player.”
c) The seventh “best post-touchdown dancer.”
10. Which is NOT true about New York’s new governor, David Paterson?
a) He is New York’s first black governor.
b) He represented Harlem in the state Senate.
c) He is the nation’s first legally blind governor.
11. Hobby Lobby stores have pulled plastic eggs from store shelves. Why?
a) They are not selling well.
b) Students at an Ohio university found lead in them during tests.
c) Dealers are using them to hide cocaine.
12. A museum and hall of fame is planned in Chandler to honor:
a) Professional bowlers.
b) Law enforcement.
c) Chandler Baseball Camp alumni.
13. PreHire Screening Services, a company that does background checks on prospective employees for other companies, may lose business soon. Why?
a) New Oklahoma Supreme Court rules may limit access to court records.
b) A Senate bill would prohibit the practice.
c) Companies prefer to do the checks themselves.
14. A group in Durant is looking for volunteers to do what at Lake Texoma?
a) Find children lost while on nature hikes.
b) Clean up campgrounds flooded last year.
c) Fillet fish caught by Texas tourists.
15. What did Lt. Gov. Jari Askins do recently to support the Oklahoma State women’s basketball team?
a) Traveled to Kansas City, Mo., to cheer for the team in the Big 12 tournament.
b) Wore orange face paint while at the state Capitol.
c) Served as honorary coach during a scrimmage.
16. Which state has gotten Oklahoma officials’ attention by proposing a lottery?
17. What action did the Federal Reserve take last week in response to a credit crisis?
a) None, because it believes JPMorgan Chase’s purchase of Bear Stearns is enough.
b) It dropped a key interest rate by three-quarters of a point.
c) It raised interest rates across the board in an effort to rejuvenate lenders.
18. Spring “green-up” is arriving earlier every year, research shows. Some scientists blame it on what?
a) Global warming.
b) Volcanoes in Asia.
c) Too-frequent political debates.
19. Since 1928, OSU fan Leon McDonald has attended every NCAA championship — except during World War II — in what sport?
b) Track and field.
20. U.S. auto manufacturers say they are prepared to weather an economic downturn if necessary. How do they plan to do this?
a) Trimming the work force and cutting factory capacity.
b) Making vehicles less expensive.
c) Giving CEOs huge bonuses and looking for foreign buyers.
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-A; 2-B; 3-A; 4-C; 5-B; 6-B; 7-A; 8-C; 9-B; 10-C; 11-B; 12-B; 13-A; 14-B; 15-A; 16-C; 17-B; 18-A; 19-C; 20-A.