It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. The Oklahoman’s OU basketball insider, Scott Wright, says which of the following could affect Blake Griffin’s decision whether to return next season or enter the NBA draft?
a) His performance when double-teamed.
b) Knee injuries.
c) His free-throw percentage in the NCAA tournament.
2. Israel has announced plans to build hundreds of homes where?
a) The West Bank and east Jerusalem.
b) Gaza Strip.
c) The moon.
3. Some parents are worried the frequency in which vaccinations are given to children can lead to or exacerbate symptoms of what disorder?
a) Bipolar disorder.
c) Attention-deficit disorder.
4. A man from Roosevelt has been spending time restoring what type of antique automobile?
a) AMC Gremlins.
b) Duesenberg Model J’s.
c) Ford Model A’s.
5. According to a report from the Southern Poverty Law Center, what groups are on the rise?
a) Hate groups.
b) Religious groups.
c) Study groups.
6. Youths are competing for awards and scholarships until Thursday in what event?
a) Oklahoma Youth Expo, the world’s largest junior livestock show.
b) American Youth Expo, the world’s largest academic decathlon.
c) Oklahoma Cow Chip Throwing contest.
7. Which female pop singer headlined this year’s inductees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
c) Britney Spears.
8. After surviving a serious staph infection, Edmond teenager Max Yardley says he wants to become:
a) A medical doctor.
b) A Catholic priest.
c) A veterinarian.
9. Devon Energy Corp. Chairman Larry Nichols said an early version of House Bill 1804 may have forced the company to:
a) Conduct all business transactions in multiple languages.
b) Fire all managers who had hired illegal immigrants.
c) Leave the state, because it couldn’t pay dividends to illegal immigrants.
10. House Bill 2969 would require state agencies to buy U.S. flags made where?
a) At a plant in Guthrie, the original state capital.
b) China, because it makes the cheapest flags.
c) Anywhere in the United States.
11. Why did authorities close an elevated section of Interstate 40 on Tuesday?
a) A hole was discovered.
b) There was a severe accident.
c) There was an impromptu St. Patrick’s Day parade a few days early.
12. The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation has made a $6 million gift to the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, which will be used to pay for what?
a) Research professorships.
b) Mice for experiments.
c) A new research tower.
13. Which of the following is invading Belem, Brazil’s largest city in the eastern Amazon?
a) Rebels from Alderaan.
b) Washed-up actors.
14. Devon Energy plans to build Oklahoma City’s tallest building. How many stories will it have?
a) At least 37 stories.
b) No more than 20 stories.
c) More than 50 stories.
15. New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned after getting caught in what?
a) A call-girl scandal.
b) An AMC Gremlin.
c) Smoking in a no-smoking area.
16. Boeing is protesting a contract awarded to a European company and Northrop Grumman. What was the contract for?
a) Military space shuttles.
b) A quiet fighter jet.
c) Air Force refueling tankers.
17. Legend holds that St. Patrick drove what out of Ireland?
18. How does the Oklahoma County assessor’s new Web site help users snoop on their neighbors?
a) It has live Web cams trained on neighborhoods.
b) It links to images on Virtual Earth, Yahoo Maps and Google Earth.
c) It includes information on homeowner salaries.
19. Oklahoma State’s women’s basketball team lost to which team in the Big 12 tournament finals?
a) Texas A&M.
c) Kansas State.
20. Many Oklahoma parents are concerned because of a controversial court decision that ruled parents in what state must be credentialed to legally homeschool their children?
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B; 2-A; 3-B; 4-C; 5-A; 6-A; 7-A; 8-B; 9-C; 10-C; 11-A; 12-C; 13-C; 14-A; 15-A; 16-C; 17-B; 18-B; 19-A; 20-B.