It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made a historic visit to which country?
a) United States.
2. Local organization Paws for Friendship takes Nina, a large white dog, to Oklahoma Heart Hospital to help cheer patients. What breed is she?
a) German shepherd.
b) English bulldog.
c) Great Pyrenees.
3. Along with St. Patrick’s Day, the small town of Shamrock is preparing to celebrate what?
a) Incorporation as a town.
b) Its centennial.
c) March Madness.
4. The IRS says that so far this year, one out of four income tax returns have been filed by what method?
c) Carrier pigeon.
5. As part of a national celebration of Dr. Seuss, more than 1,000 people in Marlow donned whiskers in order to do what?
a) Get on a reality TV show.
b) Set a world record.
c) Raise money for the local animal shelter.
6. What was significant about Lacy Ramon’s trip with the Norman Tigers to the state basketball tournament?
a) Last year, she was the team’s mascot.
b) She’s won a state title before, but with a different team.
c) She picked up a basketball for the first time only six months ago.
7. Oklahoma City voters approved a 1-cent sales tax for improvements to the Ford Center. When will the tax take effect?
b) Jan. 1, 2009.
c) When an NBA team agrees to move into the Ford Center.
8. Now that the NBA has reinstated Chris Andersen, which team has rights to sign him?
a) Denver Nuggets, the closest team to his home.
b) New Orleans Hornets, his last team.
c) Whatever team ends up in Oklahoma City, since that’s where he last played.
9. What was released into the Grand Canyon?
a) Rainbow trout.
b) Tourists in boats.
c) A lot of water.
10. Devon Energy Corp. has sold its oil and natural gas business in what African country?
b) Ivory Coast.
11. OPEC oil ministers declined to boost output. What reason did they give?
a) They are planning an oil embargo.
b) Their wells are drying and they want to preserve as much as possible.
c) Crude supplies are plentiful and demand is expected to weaken in the second quarter.
12. A cowboy from California who has begun a horse ride around the world recently stopped in Oklahoma City. Why is he riding so far?
a) To practice for a cattle drive re-enactment.
b) To exercise a superhorse.
c) To raise money for pediatric medical research.
13. Former Oakland Raiders tight ends coach Jay Norvell has returned to Oklahoma for what job?
a) Tight ends coach for Oklahoma State University.
b) Assistant offensive coordinator and receivers coach for the University of Oklahoma.
c) Gov. Brad Henry’s personal chef.
14. Sen. Jim Inhofe and Rep. John Sullivan introduced legislation to prevent the federal government from recouping money from what entities?
c) Haunted houses.
15. What Canadian football team signed former OU running back Quentin Griffin?
How did you do on the quiz? Here are the correct answers:
1-B; 2-C; 3-B; 4-B; 5-B; 6-B; 7-B; 8-B; 9-C; 10-B; 11-C; 12-C; 13-B; 14-A; 15-A.