It’s time to see how much attention you’ve been paying to the news in the past week or so. From The Oklahoman’s news copy editors and designers, here’s a quiz.
1. How many receiving yards did Oklahoma native Wes Welker have for the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII?
2. According to state Ethics Commission records, how much did lobbyists spend on meals, gifts and tickets for legislators in 2007?
a) Less than $150,000.
b) More than $200,000.
c) About $175,000.
3. President Bush’s proposal indicates what milestone amount will be reached by the federal budget?
a) $1 trillion.
b) $2 trillion.
c) $3 trillion.
4. Lawmakers of which country are calling for a law requiring all liquor venues to reinstate a smaller glass?
5. Which of the following did not make this year’s list of most endangered locations in Oklahoma ?
a) Archeological sites.
b) Places of worship.
c) State parks.
6. State Sen. Randy Bass, D-Lawton, hit 54 home runs one season while playing baseball for the Hanshin Tigers in what country?
b) South Korea.
7. State House of Representatives members made what potentially pivotal move?
a) Elected a new speaker of the House.
b) Eliminated term limits for members.
c) Vowed to consolidate school districts.
8. A $42 billion offer from Microsoft to purchase Yahoo has drawn opposition. Who says the buyout would give Microsoft too much control over the Internet?
a) Steve Jobs of Apple.
b) Michael Drummond of Google.
c) Former Vice President Al Gore.
9. Bob Knight resigned as head basketball coach at Texas Tech. Where did he coach before going to Tech?
a) University of Iowa.
b) Indiana University.
c) University of Missouri.
10. A recent poll of adult office workers found political chatter is gaining acceptance in the workplace. Of that poll, how many said partisan gab is to some degree acceptable?
a) 76 percent.
b) 58 percent.
c) 81 percent.
11. The Oklahoma Supreme Court recently ruled that a woman has the right to sue a tribal casino after she was hit by a drunken driver who had been served alcohol at the facility. What was NOT a basis for the court’s decision?
a) Congress has enacted laws that require tribes to comply with state laws regarding the sale of alcohol.
b) The tribe waived any immunity by applying for a state alcohol license.
c) The tribe does not have sovereign status when it comes to serving alcohol.
12. A recent study shows gas prices are prompting consumers to take a second look at their budgets. How many in the survey said they had bought a new car in the last year because of fuel concerns?
A) One in five.
B) One in 10.
C) One in 15.
13. Two Komodo dragons have hatched at a zoo in which state?
14. France has offered to help what country’s government repel a deadly coup attempt by rebels?
15. A student at what university has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis?
a) Oklahoma State University.
b) University of Oklahoma.
c) University of Central Oklahoma.
16. What part did Ronnie Johnson play in Oklahoma history in 1968?
a) He was the first black man to run for governor.
b) He integrated the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
c) He was the first black Oklahoma City police officer.
17. Experts are saying what about Oklahoma’s homeless population?
a) It is almost nonexistent.
b) It is becoming more difficult to track.
c) It is increasing.
18. The No. 17-ranked Oklahoma State Cowgirls basketball team defeated the No. 5-ranked Baylor Lady Bears by what score?
19. Which retailer announced that it planned to install 400 in-store clinics by 2010?
20. Oklahoma Christian University was to debut what sport for the first time since 2001 this weekend?
Answers: 1-C; 2-B; 3-C; 4-A; 5-C; 6-C; 7-A; 8-B; 9-B; 10-C; 11-C; 12-A; 13-B; 14-A; 15-B; 16-B; 17-C; 18-B; 19-A; 20-B.