Many parents are having to help their children choose sports’ activities, and they often are perplexed about selecting the right sport and the best coach. To help parents and children make the best decisions for all, speaker and author Joe Zemaitis has written “Joe’s Rules: “How Every Parent Can Help Their Child Excel Through Sports.” He firmly believes that participation in youth sports teaches children invaluable life lessons, and he provides a roadmap for parents to guide them through the difficult-to-navigate terrain of youth sports, and to pave the way for their children’s future success in life. Among his rules are:
– Know your child and find the right fit.
– The coach matters more than the sport.
– To reach their full potential, they must want it for themselves.
– Balance is the forgotten hero of athletic performance.
– Encourage healthy competition.
– Help your child build character through participation in sports.
– Properly fuel the fire.
-Jim Killackey, medical writer.