Don’t know a ton about India? Here’s some trivia for you. You never know when you might need it.
- India is just over a third of the size of the United States, but has almost four times as many people. (More than 1.2 billion. Whoa.) (World Bank)
- Capital? New Delhi.
- Besides Hindi and English, more than 20 other languages are recognized in India. (BBC)
- Common religions? Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism.
- Currency? That’s the rupee. 1 USD is about 53 rupees.
- Agricultural products, textile goods, gems and jewellery, software services and technology, engineering goods, chemicals, leather products are their main exports.
Where on Earth am I going, exactly? Great question. We fly into New Delhi and venture south to Agra where we’ll visit the Taj Mahal. (Google Maps doesn’t have a Taj Mahal icon. Strange, right? So I used the purple camera.) After Agra we’ll head northwest to travel throughout the states of Rajasthan, Punjab, and Haryana.