An estimated 20.5 million people needed but did not receive alcohol or drug treatment in the past year.
Why did they not receive treatment?
* 40.2 percent were not ready to stop using.
* 32.9 percent did not have health coverage and could not afford treatment.
* 11.5 percent said it might have a negative effect on their job.
* 11.3 percent said they were concerned about the negative opinions.
* 9.9 percent indicated they could handle the problem without treatment.
* 9.3 percent did not know where to go for treatment.
* 7.8 percent did not feel they needed treatment at the time.
* 6.8 percent did not want anyone to find out.
* 6.3 percent sad they had no transportation and/or inconvenient
There’s another growing population that were not represented in this study.
It is our children who do not know how to stop. Their minds have been altered by the continuous ingestion of toxic substances.
Do not expect them to make logical decisions.
They are mentally ill and did not choose to be the way they are.
Stop treating our addicted children as criminals.