I learned long ago that civic group meetings can be a great place to find out what’s going on in your community, your state and your nation.
The speakers these clubs bring in are among the most informed, best resources available.
Highways and roadways always are hot topics in our state and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation has a fine group of ndividuals who can clear up misconceptions, provide the big picture on our highways, as well as give updates on key issues.
So, without hesitation, I’m happy to forward this list to any and all clubs looking for speakers who know their topics.
But don’t hesitate. They have busy work schedules and the opportunity to secure one of them may fade fast, depending upon requests.
To schedule them, contact the nearest ODOT office:
* Darren Saliba, (918) 687-5407 (firstname.lastname@example.org) — Adair, Cherokee, haskell, McIntosh, Muskogee, Okmulgee, Sequoyah and Wagoner counties.
* Paula Branam, (580) 298-3371 (email@example.com) — Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Latimer, Le Flore, Marshall, McCurtain, Pittsburg and Pushmataha counties.
* Kathy Gwinn, (580) 332-1526 (firstname.lastname@example.org) — Cleveland, Coal, Garbin, Hughes, Johnston, Lincoln, McClain, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Okfuskee and Seminole counties.
* Danielle Trent, (580) 336-7340 (email@example.com) — Canadian, Garfield, Grant, kay, Kingfisher, Logan, Noble, Oklahoma and Payne counties.
* Brent Almquist, (580) 445-1002 (firstname.lastname@example.org) — Beckham, Blaine, Custer, Dewey, Greer, harmon, Jackson, Kowa, Roger Mills, Tillman and Washita counties.
* Joyce Lake, (580) 735-2561 (email@example.com) — Alfalfa, Beaver, Cimarron, Ellis, Harper, Major, Texas, Woods and Woodward counties.
* Lois Clark, (580) 255-7586 (firstname.lastname@example.org) — Caddo, Carter, Comanche, Cotton, Grady, Jefferson, Love, Murray and Stephens counties.
* Terry Thompson, (918) 838-9933 (email@example.com) — Craig, Creek, Delaware, Mayes, Nowata, Osage, ottawa, Payne, Rogers, Tulsa and Washington counties.