Pitchman Billy Mays died yesterday, but his entertaining commercials will live on in my brain forever. It’s mostly because he yelled at me so loudly, but also because his commercials were always creative. Here are five examples of how Billy Mays made his products more interesting than the stuff in your house.
5. Using an American flag in a wind tunnel (35 seconds into commercial)
4. Using a gardening tool to mix paint (1:12 into commercial)
3. Driving a drill straight into tile (36 seconds into commericial)
2. Embarrassing the same toilet brush twice (beginning and end of commercial)
1. Turning into a human washing machine (46 seconds into commercial)