If you haven’t taken your child to one of these yet, you should. It’s pretty cool. Here’s some information from the Oklahoma City-County Health Department:
The Child Guidance program at the Oklahoma City-County Health Department will offer developmental screenings for children birth to five years old at the following libraries and on the corresponding dates.
- Northwest – Thursday, July 26, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Belle Isle – Wednesday, August 1, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Capitol Hill – Thursday, August, 2, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Bethany – Friday, August 3, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Warr Acres – Friday, August 10, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Del City – Tuesday, August 14, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Edmond – Wednesday, August 15, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Midwest City – Wednesday, August 15, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
These will be individual sessions lasting approximately 1 hour with a Child Development Specialist, Speech/Language Pathologist and/or a Behavioral Health Specialist. Sessions include discussion about the normal range of early development as well as any parenting questions that the parent may have in the areas of Speech, Language, Development, and Behavior. Sessions are by appointment only. There is a small fee for screenings. Medicaid is accepted. No person will be denied services for inability to pay.