NewsOK’s ace videographers Tim Money and Damon Fontenot shot and edited the above look at Monday’s destruction caused by tornadoes.
I sent them out with our live streaming gear – MacBook Pro, Sony HVR A1U, Cricket wireless card, etc. – and they captured the below video of a tornado near Yukon.
Then they followed the Weatherscope application in their Jeep Cherokee to follow the storms and know where to be. Which led them to the I-40 and Choctaw area. Once getting out of the mud (long story), they spoke with survivors of the Anderson Travel Stop and Love’s. And of course shot plenty of video of the destroyed property.
Long day for everyone. But not as long as those directly effected by the storms – either their houses or cars or worse. Our prayers and thoughts go out to each and everyone of those people.
Ladies and Gentlemen, spring and winter and then spring, all in the next few hours.
According to the National Weather Service there is a chance of thunderstorms today in the evening and nighttime hours. In southern parts of the state, the storms could be severe. Expect heavy rain and hail. Tornadoes are also a possibility.
By Friday morning, a winter storm is expected to affect NW Oklahoma, spreading south and east throughout Friday and into Saturday morning. Snow accumulations could be up to a foot in the NW.
Your OKC forecast: today, cloudy, a high near 57. 30 percent chance of storms, that increases to a 70 percent chance tonight.
Tomorrow: Temperatures fall to around 36 by 4 pm, rain before 4 pm, then sleet and possibly snow. On Friday night, there is a 70 percent chance of precipitation.
By Sunday, temps expected to return to near seasonal norms. Go figure.