So what if you went to a 70′s disco costume party, let’s just say it was for the Norman Arts Council, and no one else dressed up. Uh, yeah, good times. At least we won that $10 Chik-Fil-A gift certificate for best costume, and I’m not going to turn that down ever. I will Eat Mor Chiken.
“Disco Fever” is the Norman Arts Council’s main fundraiser of the year, although they have other money generating events.
I’d say about 100 people attended, only one in a massive wig.
- Oklahoma lawmakers praised the move by President Bush to lift the executive ban on offshore oil and gas drilling Monday, but the political stalemate over expanding domestic production showed no sign of ending.
- Money Magazine’s annual list of the 100 best places to live in the United States came out yesterday. norman ranked No. 6. Edmond, No. 52.
- Jack Money reports Quest Resource Corp. owns about 78,000 new acres in the Marcellus Shale natural gas field in the Appalachian Basin in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
- And Don Mecoy reports more than 2,000 foreign investors may have been swindled of up to $45 million in a Ponzi scheme orchestrated by a Tulsa oil and gas company, plaintiffs alleged Monday in court documents filed in Tulsa County District Court.
- Today in OKC: another typical summer day. Highs around 90. Winds around 10 mph. Highs increase to the mid 90s later this week.
Both text and video had quality quotes:
Text: “I’ve seen them cry their house away, but I’ve never seen them party their house away.”
Video: “You only get your house bulldozed once in a lifetime, hopefully.”