Went bowling Thursday night. Used the Pano app to take a picture at Boulevard Bowl. The Pano app lets you take six horizontal photos, and stitches them together.
Click on the image for a bigger version. Click on the bigger version for a bigger version. The app works well and the camera on the phone takes pretty good pics.
- Oklahoma lawmakers praised the move by President Bush to lift the executive ban on offshore oil and gas drilling Monday, but the political stalemate over expanding domestic production showed no sign of ending.
- Money Magazine’s annual list of the 100 best places to live in the United States came out yesterday. norman ranked No. 6. Edmond, No. 52.
- Jack Money reports Quest Resource Corp. owns about 78,000 new acres in the Marcellus Shale natural gas field in the Appalachian Basin in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
- And Don Mecoy reports more than 2,000 foreign investors may have been swindled of up to $45 million in a Ponzi scheme orchestrated by a Tulsa oil and gas company, plaintiffs alleged Monday in court documents filed in Tulsa County District Court.
- Today in OKC: another typical summer day. Highs around 90. Winds around 10 mph. Highs increase to the mid 90s later this week.
It was disgusting.
I think the wing eating contest I watched at Buffalo Wild Wings a few years ago was worse though.
Still, Othello’s annual pasta pigout was held Saturday during the Edmond Arts Festival. Check it out.
Perfect weather this afternoon for the Edmond Arts Festival.
Heavy winds blew through the metro last night. I stopped by the Edmond Arts Festival this morning. Artists and helpers were picking up tents and some artwork to prepare for this weekend’s festivals. It runs Friday-Sunday.
The Oklahoman’s Nolan Clay reports The NBA is complaining Seattle is “harassing” NBA Commissioner David Stern. The NBA wants a judge to block Seattle attorneys from questioning Stern. The attorneys are seeking testimony from Stern to gather evidence for a trial against the Seattle SuperSonics owners.
An Edmond police officer found the car belonging to an Edmond woman who has been missing since Wedneday.
There was a body in the car, but police would not give any details. The car also was partially burned. The body was taken to the medical examiner’s office for identification.
NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Thursday that former OU men’s basketball coach Kelvin Sampson and the Milwaukee Bucks are discussing an assistant coach’s role at the urging of new Bucks coach Scott Skiles.
Today could be a wet — and stormy — one in parts of Oklahoma. Your OKC forecast: mostly cloudy before turning mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid-70s. Northwesterly winds 15 to 20 mph. Twenty percent chance of thunderstorms in the morning.