Spoke with Matt Price, features editor of The Oklahoman and blogger extraordinaire of Nerdage, this morning.
Price is in San Diego for Comic-Con. Via iChat we spoke for about five minutes. We pulled in his iChat feed through our switcher. I could hear him through our IFB system, he heard me through his earpiece in his Mac’s headphone port. It’s not a broadcast set up, but it worked for us.
About 120,000 people are rumored to attend this year’s comic festival. Some big name Hollywood stars like Johnny Depp have attended and more, such as Megan Fox, are expected.
Price mentioned the Twilight cast spoke yesterday and 2,000 waited in line the night before for a chance inside. He also spoke about the Green Lantern premiere, Marvel animation and James Cameron’s screening of his new 3D adventure Avatar.
The big ticket still to come: Iron Man 2. That’s tomorrow. Check out Matt Price’s Nerdage blog for the latest.
So here’s eight videos we put together over the past few days. And you know what that means: video montage.
- The Thunder Girls have one spot left. Angi Bruss and Kyle Roberts take you Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill for the final auditions and let you meet the two finalists.
- Angi also spoke with American Idol finalists Diana De Garmo and Anthony Fedorov, they stopped by our studios yesterday. They are performing in Lyric Theatre’s “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” at the Civic Center.
- Angi’s been a busy girl this week. Oak Tree National held its grand re-opening Wednesday. Angi finds out just what makes Oak Tree National Teaching Centre such a special place to learn the art of golf.
- Videographer Tanner Herriott is on his way to China, before he left he shot this piece. Blind and low vision Oklahoma youth gain independence and confidence at Oklahomans Without Limits Summer Camp.
- We take a look at the Sooners’ defense from the 2009 Red-White game.
- In news, crews battle Oklahoma City grass fires.
- Former Oklahoma chief Medical Examiner Kevin Rowland has been indicted twice, in the first indictment he was charged on four counts of sexual battery. The second indictment will be made public today in Oklahoma City.
- And finally this week of Static features Tulsa artist Fiawna Forte. She wrote her first song when she was 2 years old. What were you doing at 2?